In honour of National Nutrition Month, we thought it would be a good time to help share nutrition facts, tips and more for you and for your loved one!
Following this year's theme, More than Food, we're all encouraged to remember that while healthy eating is important, it's not just what you eat but how you eat too.
Some helpful tips include:
1. Be mindful of your eating habits
How, why, what, when and where you eat, along with how much. Using this tip can help your with:
- Make healthier choices more often
- Make positive changes to routine eating behaviours
- Be more conscious of the food you eat and your eating habits
- Create a sense of awareness around your every day eating decisions
- Reconnect to the eating experience by creating an awareness of your feelings, thoughts, emotions and behaviours.
2. Taking your time to eat
Be careful, eating too fast or being distracted while eating, like watching TV, can possibly prevent you from knowing when you're full.
Be sure to eat without distractions and slow down when eating so you're better aware of when you've had enough.
3. Cook more often
Cooking your own food allows you to not only learn new skills, save you money but also help control what exactly you're eating!
Do you have any tips or advice you'd like to share? Feel free to share on our Facebook page.
Happy National Nutrition Month!